Monday, August 18, 2014

Cook-a-thon

This week Orion and I have just been having a fun time hanging out together. Saturday night I opted to have a cook-a-thon because I don't eat a well balanced diet if food is not readily available, and so I set to work. Chop, chop, chop the peppers.
"Have you ever had peppers?" I toss one to Orion. "Try one."
Peel, peel, nearly cut my finger off, peel. "Have you ever had eggplant skin? It's purple. I think you should like it." I toss a slice his way. He snags it mid air, takes a chew, spits it out. "No? Ok, well try a piece of eggplant." Same result.
"Mental note log: Orion does not like eggplant." I pause in my slicing party, "That's a shame buddy because it's one of my favorite things. Especially on pizza."
I pop open a can of spaghetti sauce, pour it along the bottom of my pan. Pass the empty jar off to Orion. "Do not bring that to my couch." He marches in the other room to the couch. I stick my head around the corner. "Off the couch!" He drops the jar to the floor. I go back to laying down my noodles, and peek a minute later. "Off my couch!" This process is repeated three times with the remaining spaghetti jar, and the ricotta cheese container.
Satisfied everything is prepared, I throw the lasagna and the squash meal in the oven to cook then start the stove-top squash dish. By the time all was said and done we had 7 separated containers of lasagna that I could take out and reheat, three squash meals, and had eaten enough in the prep to call it a night. Orion worked on tidying up the remaining dishes and we both flopped on the couch to discuss our victorious cook-a-thon.

No comments:

Post a Comment