Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ode to my dog


I love my dog.

Oh the chewing and the barking can be a bit much at times, but at the end of the day, I look at him and think, I would do anything to make this dog a happy dog, I love him so. And he chomps on his chew bone, lets me lay down next to him. I kiss his little, just kidding, huge feet, and tell him, "Orion, have I told you today that I love you?" And he just looks at me with his pretty brown eyes, and continues chomping on his chew bone. Life is good for this dog. I hop up to do the dishes, and he moves over and lays his head on my feet. Sometimes I feel like I have a teenager puppy who doesn't like hugs, or snuggles like the little six pounder I brought home that slept in my lap, but then he surprises me with moments like the head on the feet and I think of Eric Clapton, "How wonderful life is, with you in my world."

No comments:

Post a Comment