Monday, November 3, 2014

Walking surprises

Today was one of those lousy walking days. I was functionally alert in my head all day but the rest of me never woke up. I knew coming home there would be a happy yellow dog looking to play but sadly I'd have to bail on him, exhausted from the day. So, walking in the door, I get the usual enthusiastic loops in and out of my legs and I hook him up to his long lead so that I can sit on the ground while he can go to the bathroom nearest to the parking lot. Then, we both go back up to the apartment, he eats his food and patiently crawls up to join me on the couch for an evening of reading. I couldn't ask to a better end to a challenging day. I couldn't ask for a better best friend to pal around with on a low walking kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment