Monday, August 5, 2013

P.s. I missed you

"Yeah, I just wanted to call and thank you for this afternoon," I walk in the door, cell phone tucked between my shoulder and ear, dropping my bags and smiling to the yellow dog at my feet.
"I know," I snag Orion's collar and start walking him outside to go to the bathroom. He is bouncing all around.
"We'll we could possibly hang out on Thursday but my appointment is moved to earlier just this week..." I'm saying as I notice Orion is simultaneously peeing and pooping at the same time. As my friend continues chatting I'm thinking of the physical aerobics Orion is implementing to not be peeing on his chest. The mental coordination...
And then we are upstairs and I'm sitting on the floor talking while my phone is charging and behind me I hear intense licking. Turning my head to peer over the mattress I see him frantically licking my frying pan that definitely wasn't on the bed when I left it...I roll my eyes and try to focus on the conversation rather then the clinging of his dog tags on the edge of the pan.
I think someone missed me today, his first 8 hour day alone in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment