Friday, August 2, 2013

Skylights

"Mags, unroll the skylight for us," I say as we're cruising up the highway for yet another trip to New Hampshire. We've been spending a few days here and there up there each week--keeping my duel residency up, visiting with the family and friends, and making my doctor's appointments. Orion, the trooper that he is, comes along for the ride.
The wind rolls in over our heads. Mags slips on a second pair of sunglasses, leaving the first pair on her nose, and pushing the other up to hold her hair in place. I'm smiling. It's been a good day. Orion steps forward in the seat, so his paws rest on the console. 
"Can you see with him there?" I ask.
"Yeah, he's fine," Mags replies before turning off the exit that has us driving by our old elementary school. 
Thrilled to have an extra few inches into the front seat, Orion peers out the front windshield before discovering the open sun roof.
I laugh, as from below I watch his lips flapping in the wind. The pine trees fly by and Orion continues to leave his nose out the skylight, tipped just high enough to check out the views...

No comments:

Post a Comment