Thursday, October 11, 2012

Reflections

We're walking down the giant hill.
"You know the last time I did this hike I was with Chloe, about three years ago." We're huffing it to the college my mom works at that is at the end of town. I'm banking on an hour.
"I was not in my best place and everyone said to exercise. Chloe was hanging out with me then. She was younger. It was a long walk. I ended up with blisters on my feet. Then I drove home and me and I had an accident. I cried in some old lady's shoulder about how I was done and just was going to live in a cardboard box in my parents basement for the rest of my life." I pause.
"Good story huh?" Orion's trotting ahead of me.
"Actually, that's a terrible story." I giggle. "Well, it was kind of a funny story me telling you that story."
He is still dragging me down the giant hill.
My feet feel bruised.
"Dude. I'm tired already."
We take a break on the sewer.
"You're a good companion Orion."
We keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment