Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pride

Orion and I went on a quick excusion to my sister's house so that he could meet my mom, my sister, my brother-in-law and 2 year old nephew. After weeks of chewing, jumping chewing, dangling from my leg chewing, finger chewing, full of energy chewing, I can honestly say I was so proud of my little guy as he was WONDERFUL. I couldn't have asked for a better behaved puppy. Not only did he always pee on the pee pad (appropriately placed on my sister's carpet) but he did not jump and bite my nephew's face, rather jumped and LICKED. I was so glad to see so much licking. Nevermind that he would still chew on me. I'll take that for good behavior in public. And he snuggled. I mean snuggled. Kate's dogs did want to eat him, so he and I crawled into his pop up crate (also referred to as his tent in my book) and I zipped us in. Figured out that there was not enough circulation to stay cool (another reason he wasn't happy with this setup) so we opened the windows, and then I dangerously took my face's beauty in hand, and laid my head down. My lovable little pup just laid his head on my head and fell asleep. Seeing how historically speaking, my face low equaled fair chew target, this was amazing.His tent was also quite spacious and I enjoyed my nap. Oh there were slews of things I did that would be absolutely against my advanced behavioral analysis but in a strange place, I didn't care. He also spent time comfortably in his play pen without yelling his head off. All and all a great way to end a weekend, beaming with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment