Monday, June 6, 2011

East Fork Abbreviation

We went to East Fork yesterday and Orion had his first real opportunity to swim unihibited, and not limited to tiny deep puddles or streams but a giant lake. It was awesome. I was so tickled. He was a natural. I'd toss a stick and out he's swim and bring it back.
"Oh I just can't get over how cool this is!" I exclaimed to my friend Melanie who was teaching her short cattle dog to swim as well.
"He is a retriever Mol."
"I know but I've met a retriever that didn't swim and I really wanted him to be able to."
His little butt would sink here and there, and I'm out there up to my shoulders coaching him along. "Don't let your butt drop or you'll be an active drowner..." yeah for many of years lifeguarding. "Okay, swim to Momma!"
Yep. That's right. I said swim to Momma.
I'm such a sucker.
It was just the perfect day. Nice sun, warm enough water to comfortably dip/swim. Dogs were exhausted but happy and I just couldn't have asked for a prettier Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment